•The format and depth of each channel can now be changed individually from the Render Options panel instead of having a global value in Preferences.
•Output paths now support macros. It is possible to insert macros in the image and MXI paths and the macros will be replaced with their real values when rendering.
The following macros are currently supported:
• %scene%: the name of the MXS file will be included in the final image file name
• %scenepath%: the full path of the MXS file will be included in the final image file name
• %camera%: the name of the active camera will be included in the final image file name
• %date%: the date the render was launched will be included in the final image file name in yyyy.mm.dd format
• %time%: the time the render was launched will be included in the final image file name in hh.mm format
• %temp%: the full path of the temp folder of the OS will be included in the final image file name
• %width%: the horizontal resolution value will be included in the final image file name
• %height%: the vertical resolution value will be included in the final image file name
• %resolution%: the current resolution will be included in the final image file name
• %colorspace%: the current color space will be included in the final image file name
•The render type (diffuse+reflections, diffuse only, reflections only) can now be set through the command line with the arguments -pass:diff // -refl // -diff+refl.
•Fixed and optimized: multithreading routines that were generating artifacts and causing performance issues in certain cases.
•Fixed: crash using SSS with roughness.
•Fixed: potential problem in the object ID channel with scenes with instances.
•Fixed: if the viewer was in full size (i.e. double clicking it), pressing Alt + F4 closed it until the session was restored. This happened only in Windows.
•Fixed: loading an image in the viewer after rendering and stopping was failing.
•IMPORTANT: the Maxwell Render license key (license.txt) is now located in:
- Mac OSX: /users/
- Linux: $HOME/Maxwell (i.e. /home/
If you would like to check where your license key is located, open Maxwell.exe (Win) or Maxwell.app (Mac). The console window will specify where your license key is located, stating: “License found in…..”
Maxwell studio and the MateRial editoR
•Fixed: wrong preview in viewport in ortho views if the viewport was not linked to a camera.
•Fixed: when launching Maxwell Render, clicking on the “Render” button gives a temporary MXS file with all the cameras, and not just the active one.
•Fixed: when saving an MXS file with the current view in perspective mode, the first camera of the list is exported as the active one.
Maxwell RendeR netwoRk
•Fixed: potential crash after a node finishes a job.
•Added render type combo (diffuse+reflections/ diffuse /reflections) to the render options in the wizard.
•Fixed: render channels were not properly extracted to the final output folder in cooperative jobs (they were embedded in the MXI but the user had to extract them manually).